7 ½ cups all-purpose flour (approximately)
1 pk dry active yeast
2 ½ cups water, warm
½ Tbsp +1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
All-purpose flour as needed
8 green onions, cut into 3” pieces
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
16 oz marinara sauce (your favorite)
1 lb mozzarella cheese, sliced
20 slices pepperoni
16 black olives, pitted
Pre-heat oven to 550ºF.
- POUR warm water into a bowl. Add yeast. Using a wire whip, whisk to completely dissolve yeast. Set aside for about 5 minutes, or until yeast activates. Add 1 cup flour, salt and extra virgin olive oil. Mix well. Add remaining flour 1 cup at a time until dough is soft and springy. Dough should turn into a ball. If dough is too dry, add a very small amount of water. If it becomes too wet, add a small amount of flour.
- PLACE ball of dough on a floured board and cover with a dry towel. Allow to sit until ball doubles in size.
- CUT risen dough into 4 equal pieces. Again, roll into balls and allow to rise*.
- PLACE washed green onion, yellow and red pepper onto grill. Allow to grill for approximately 5 minutes or until grill marks are visible. Remove from grill and set aside.
- Once peppers are cool enough to handle, remove skin and cut into 1” pieces.
- PLACE dough ball on floured board. Using hands, flatten and spread out to form a circle.
- SLIDE pizza dough onto a pizza pan or parchment paper.
- PLACE marinara sauce and mozzarella slices on pizza. Evenly space green onions, red and yellow pepper pieces on top of cheese. Add pepperoni and olives.
- BAKE at 550ºF for 5-6 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
*If not using dough immediately, wrap each ball with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready for use. Once ready to use, remove from refrigerator and bring to room temperature.